In this article, we will go over a basic feature that allows for users to screen capture.
On a laptop or Windows environment
To start, click in the bottom left corner to get to the start menu. This will look differently across devices but if you're using Windows OS then it will look like the image below.
The easiest way to get to the snipping tool from the start menu is by using the Search Bar. Type 'Snipping Tool' and the application will show up as shown.
When we open the Snipping Tool, the box below will appear. Select New to start snipping.
Once selected, our mouse arrow will turn into a cross-hair, which will show the tool is active. Click and drag to select the part of the screen you wish to capture. Below is an image captured with the snipping tool and how it looks in the application.
Android Smart Phone
- Open the screen that you want to capture.
- Depending on your phone:
- Press the Power and Volume down buttons at the same time.
- If that doesn’t work, press and hold the Power button for a few seconds. Then tap Screenshot.
- Press the Side Button and the Volume Up button at the same time.
- Quickly release both buttons.
- After you take a screenshot, a thumbnail temporarily appears in the lower-left corner of your screen. Tap the thumbnail to open it or swipe left to dismiss it.
Now that we have the image we wanted to capture, we can edit or save the image. This can be helpful when submitting a ticket about an issue so that support can quickly understand and solve the issue at hand for your convenience. You can copy and paste the image to where you want to put the image or you can save it and attach the file to emails and other places.
You can write on the image at the top of the screen. You can use a highlighter to show the important parts of the image or use the pen to write in a more descriptive explanation for more clarity.
This application can do much more than the basics shown in this article. Open up the Snipping Tool and start seeing how it can help with your day to day!