If a driver has a tablet or smart phone on the vehicle, the Transport Scheduler can be used in real time to:
- Access the driver's schedule. The bottom of the screen displays the current schedule for the driver including addresses. This is particularly beneficial for last-minute changes to the schedule which can be updated by the transportation manager and viewed by the driver while in route.
- Enter mileage for the start and end of each route.
- Access directions to a location using Google Maps.
Clicking a 'Map' button will launch Google Maps and set the destination to the address associated with the corresponding Pickup or Dropoff location.
- Enter actual pickup and drop-off times with the click of one button.
When the driver arrives at the destination, clicking the 'Pickup' and 'Dropoff' buttons will set and save the current time.
- Cancel a route with the click of one button.
A route is cancelled by clicking the 'Cancel' button. This removes the trip from billing.