When it is necessary to "zero out" or reverse a billing record, go the Reconciliation screen and follow these steps:
- Determine whether the re-bill is going to be a different service code than what was previously billed incorrectly. In other words, ask yourself if the incorrect billing is going to be replaced with the same service code, but with a different billing amount (more or less units). If it IS NOT going to be a different service code, then you DO NOT need to zero out the billing.
- Select the record(s) that needs zeroed out.
- Click the 'Zero Out' button and confirm.
You will notice the the 'Units' are set to 0 and the billing record is automatically unlocked.
- Go to the Billing screen and run an invoice. You may want to preview the billing data on any billing report at this time.
IMPORTANT: Do not run 'Billing' before creating the invoice. This will re-create the billing units that you just zeroed out.
It is recommended that you run a separate invoice just for zeroed out data.
- Be sure to set the "Upload Successful" checkbox, and double-check to be sure the billing that you just zeroed-out is locked.