In this article, we will look at setting up user groups and the user group's permissions.
To get to the user groups, we select the drop down arrow next to your organization's name and go to "Account Settings" shown below.
The following screen is the User Groups in the Account Settings. Here we see the three default user groups with the different permissions. Permissions are normally based on role and what is needed for a certain job function. Below is the access for the three default user groups.
All of the "modules" within Brittco can be edited, including access to clients, staff, assessment, ISP Plan, Billing, etc. Admins will have access to all functions and billing manager will have access to functions that are billing related like the Billing and Reports features.
We can edit the user groups and permissions with the black "Edit Settings" option in the top right corner of the screen. From here we can modify the permissions of user groups or create new ones.
Changing Permissions for a User Group
- From the Edit Account Settings screen, find the role that you would like to change and click "Edit".
- Check or uncheck the box next to the permission.
- Click "Save".
Creating New User Groups
- Click the "Add Role" button in the top right corner. There will be a pop up shown below that will ask you to name the new user group. When you have the name entered in the field, click the "Save Role" option in blue.
- The new user group will appear at the bottom of the user groups that already exist. Click "Edit" on the new user group.
- Check all of the permissions you want and click "Save" at the bottom.
In the next article we will go over the "Activity" feature.