If you are interested in tracking which sites need to have a Registered Nurse Quality Assessment (QA) review form completed and when, the RNQA Review Tracking feature is for you. This article will help you get started:
- Setting up sites for your providers
- Keeping track of individuals receiving med. admin. and where
- Scheduling when a site should be reviewed
- Completing an RNQA review
Setting up Sites for your Providers
The first thing that you must do, if you haven't already done so, is create sites for each of your providers. Follow the steps below in order to do so:
- Go to the Providers screen and click Edit on one of your providers.
- Click on the Sites tab to view and edit all of your sites, then click on the "+ Add Site" button to add a new site.
- Fill in the blanks - notice that an asterisk (*) symbol shows you all of the required fields.
Keeping track of individuals receiving med. admin. and where
In order for the system to know which sites need to be reviewed, you need to tell the system which individuals are receiving medication administration from a certified staff person and where this is occurring. Here is how to do that:
- On the Clients screen, click Edit on an individual's record who is receiving med. administration and go to the Supports tab.
- Add the support of "Medication Administration (by Certified Staff)", along with the provider and site, if applicable.
Scheduling when a site should be reviewed
Now that the systems know which sites need to be reviewed, you can go to the RNQA Review Tracking screen and start scheduling or completing reviews. This screen will be broken into 3 different groups: "Unscheduled", "Scheduled / In-Progress" and "Complete".
To schedule a review:
- Click Actions next to the Site that you want to schedule, then click Schedule.
- Now choose a visit date and who the reviewing nurse will be. Both of these fields can be changed at any time.
Completing an RNQA review
Now that you have your schedule built, you are ready to start tracking reviews.
- Go to the "Scheduled / In-Progress" tab and find the review that you want to start tracking. Click Actions then click Start and enter the actual Visit Date and Reviewing Nurse.
- Now you can start tracking the following information about the RNQA Review:
- Visit Date
- Reviewing Nurse
- Sent to Provider Date - system will show a due date 10 work days after Visit Date
- Plan of Improvement Returned Date - system will show a due date 30 calendar days after Sent to Provider Date
- RNQA File Upload
- Additional Attachments
- Once you've completed the entire process, click the Actions button then click Mark Complete. The system will automatically reschedule this review for 3 years from the Visit Date.