If you'd like to upload a billing flat file instead of manually entering billing data in order to invoice your county board for Local Funding, you can do so from the Edit Invoice screen. NOTE: This file must match the format that is uploaded to DODD when billing Medicaid.
- From the Local Funding screen, click on Manage Invoices in the top right.
- Next, click on Create New Invoice to start working on a new invoice.
- Click the Actions button in the top right, then click Upload Flat file.
- Select the file from your computer and click Upload.
Now you will see a log of successful imports and all of the billing data populated below.
If there were any errors during the process, the log will tell you which lines to take a look at.
There are 3 potential errors that can come back:
- Client not found: This error means the identifier for the individual in the flat file does not match any identifier in Brittco. There are 3 valid identifiers that can be used: Medicaid Number, Social Security Number and a Custom ID assigned by the county board.
- Authorization not found: This error means that there is no authorization in the system for the particular client, date of service, service code and rate. Verify that you've entered the correct information or contact the county board for the correct information.
- Billing this amount will exceed your authorized amount: This error means this particular authorization has run out of units and/or dollars. Verify that you've entered the correct information or contact the county board to request additional funds.