In this article we will how to authorize dollars for Local Funding, including managing versions of these authorizations.
To start a new Local Funding Plan click on + Create New Plan:
Fill out the details of the plan and click on Save:
After clicking Save a card is generated. One of the changes on this card are the 3 vertical dots in the top right corner. When you click on the dots you will be given the option to print the plan. The other change on the card is the yellow In Progress oval that we will discuss further in this article:
Local Funding Plans now have two different states, In Progress and Published:
- In Progress:
- Will allow you to work on upcoming plans before they are to take effect.
- While In Progress, billing CAN NOT be generated on the authorizations.
- The plan is locked and no edits can be made while in this state.
- Only Plans that are Published can have billing generated on the authorizations within the plan.
When you click on Details you can then click on + Add Authorization:
You can fill out the details of the Authorization as per usual and click on Save:
When you are ready to Publish the Plan click on Edit Plan on the card and click on Publish:
When you click on Edit Plan after publishing you will note that you can no longer make any changes to the plan:
From here you have two options, Create New Version and Unpublish.
- Unpublish - This option will allow you to change the plan back to "In Progress." From here you can edit the plan as necessary. Note: While in the "In Progress" state, billing CANNOT be generated from this plan's authorizations.
- Create New Version - This option will allow you to create a new Revision or Redetermination based on your needs.
When choosing Create New Version you will get the option to choose Revision or Redetermination. From here you will be able to change the details of plan as needed:
When you click on Save you will notice that the previous versions authorizations have come over automatically. You can edit these authorizations as needed or delete them if they are no longer necessary:
When you are ready to publish this Version you can click on Edit Plan and select Publish:
Once you click on Publish, the new version will become the active Local Funding Plan. This means that providers can only submit billing based on the authorizations of the new plan.
You can also toggle between versions to see the history of the Local Funding Plan: