Two new features for forms will make it easier for you to collaborate on forms with different staff.
Assign Form Entries to Staff
You can now assign a form to specific person. By signing up for the "Form Entry Assigned to Me" notification, you can receive an email or a message whenever a form is assigned to you.
Customize Form Entry Statuses
Instead of being limited to 3 statuses for forms (In Progress, Ready for Review, and Published), you can customize statuses for each form. With each status, you can choose to automatically re-assign the form to a specific staff person and restrict who is able to change the form to that status.
To add a new status to a form:
- Go to the Forms page and find the form that you'd like to add the status to and click the "Edit" button.
- Scroll down to the Workflow Steps area and click "Add Step" to add a new step.
- Type the name of the status in the "Status" column of the newly created step.
- Optionally, you can decide who you'd like to automatically assign the form entry to whenever a user selects this status.
- Optionally, you can limit who is able to select this status by selecting one or more user groups from the "Restrict who can advance to this step" column.
- Click the "Update Form" button at the bottom when you are finished.
The main difference that users will need to be aware of is that instead of a "Publish" or "Ready for Review" button, they will see a "Change Status" button, which will allow them to select one of the statuses from a dropdown.
The old way:
The new way: